Updated March 2015
You have 180 calendar days from date of discharge to file your claim for your Philhealth benefit for your hospitalization abroad.
Where to File: File at any Philhealth branch in the Philippines
Documents to submit:
1. PhilHealth Claim Form 1 (filled-up and signed)
2. Member Data Record (MDR)
– If the patient is a dependent, his/her name must be written as dependent in the member’s MDR.
If not yet written, present birth certificate (if child) or marriage certificate (if spouse).
3. Proof of applicable premium payments
– For OFW members, submit a copy of OEC receipt that includes Philhealth premium payment or receipt of Philhealth payment made through accredited overseas collectors of Philhealth (Dates of hospitalization should be within validity dates, as written in the premium receipt)
– For Individual Payors or Voluntary members, submit receipts of Philhealth premium payments for at least 3 months within the 6-month period prior to hospitalization (Count month of hospitalization as the 6th month).
– For Employed members, submit employer’s certification of Philhealth premium payments for at least 3 months within the 6-month period prior to hospitalization
Note: For OFWs and Individual Payors or Voluntary members, bring original copy of Philhealth premium receipts in case Philhealth wants to check them.
4. Statement of Account or Original Official Receipt with Itemized Charges (written in English; if written in foreign language, English translation must be included)
5. Medical Abstract, or Medical Record, or Medical Certificate indicating the final diagnosis, period of confinement and services rendered (written in English; if written in foreign language, English translation must be included)
6. If surgery was performed, submit a Copy of the Operative Record, written in English or with English translation
Note 1: You can download Claim Form 1 from the Philhealth website, or you can ask for it when you go to a Philhealth branch to get your MDR.
Note 2: Starting 2014, only members hospitalized abroad can file their claim directly with Philhealth. Direct claim filing by members at Philhealth offices is no longer allowed for all hospitalizations in the Philippines. It will be the hospitals that will file claims with Philhealth. Members must file their Philhealth documents with the hospital upon admission or before discharge. Many hospitals require members to file Philhealth documents 1 day before discharge.
Claim Philhealth benefit for overseas hospitalization