PCSO Medical Assistance for Hemodialysis
INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (IMAP) of the PCSO
Office/Department in Charge: Fund Allocation Department
Location: PCSO-Lung Center of the Philippines Office
or at PCSO Regional Offices
Schedule: Mondays to Fridays 6:00 AM – 5:00PM
Documents Required for REQUESTING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR DIALYSIS from PCSO:
- Personal Letter Request addressed to the Chairman/General Manager of PCSO
- Original or Certified True Copy of the Updated Clinical Abstract, signed by the doctor with license and PTR #
- Endorsement or Certificate of Acceptance of PCSO guarantee letter from the hospital or dialysis center
- Official Price Quotation of dialysis
- Social Case Study Report from Local Government Unit Local Government (optional)
- Relevant laboratory result
- Valid ID (patient and representative)
. Keep copies of your documents for your subsequent requests.
. For your subsequent filing for assistance, file 2 months after the release date of your last Guarantee Letter. This 2-month rule might change, so ask.
. Here’s a personal narrative from Narciso Tapia who wrote about his experience in asking for hemodialysis cost assistance from PCSO. I discovered his post while searching online:
. An article on inquirer.net says that hemodialysis assistance ranges from 10,000 to 15,000 pesos per application, depending on social status (“the less you have in life, the more we will give. The more you have, the less we give”)
. You can file your request through your representative if you’re unable to go to PCSO. Your representative presents your authorization letter, your ID and his/her ID.
. Go to PCSO very early, so you’ll get within the cut-off number for the day.
. If the facility has not yet been improved to accommodate more seats, be ready to stand for two hours, three hours or more.