What are the medical cases not covered by Philhealth?
The following are the exclusions, based on the Philhealth website:
– Fifth normal delivery of a child and subsequent normal deliveries
(Only four normal spontaneous deliveries are covered.)
– Non-prescription drugs and medical devices
– Treatment for alcohol abuse and dependency
– Cosmetic surgery
– Optometric services and devices such as eyeglasses and contact lenses
– Other medical procedures determined by Philhealth as cost-ineffective
Observations lang sa exclusions to Philhealth benefits:
Hindi rin covered ang dental services, di ba?
At saka yong mga outpatient services.
Yong mga kalimitan na nangyayari, such as pa-checkup sa doctor tapos bibilhin ang gamot, hindi covered.
Talagang yong mga hospitalization lang ang covered, and certain surgical procedures na puede kang umuwi after the procedure, kagaya ng cataract operation and simple cyst removal.